About the recipes
Apart from baking, I don’t believe cooking is an exact science. When you start getting comfortable with spices, ingredients and cooking techniques it gets easier to steer away from exact recipes and start experimenting. You don’t like coriander? Then don’t use it. If you don’t have buttermilk but you do have yoghurt, then use that instead for pancake batter. Do you prefer to fry in olive oil over butter? Then do it! Would you rather use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock? Not a problem, it’s up to you!
What can you expect?
- Easy to follow and fun to make recipes from all over the world
- My honest experience in creating them
- An introduction to some basic techniques
- Tips on how to substitute certain ingredients and how best to prepare them
- Pointers on your ideal pantry (yes, I cook from scratch, but I promise to help you get organized ánd flexible so you don’t have to run all over town to find ingredients)