Marinated for just 30 minutes (or longer if you prefer), grilled whole, left to rest for 10 minutes, these amazing chicken thighs are juicy and packed full of flavour.
Easy Asian Pan Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs (± 450 g), left whole
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1/2 thumb size ginger, rated
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey or brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- To serve
- A squeeze of lime juice
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together and ad the chicken thighs or breasts and massage into the sauce. Let it marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes (up until a day in advance).
2. Heat a grill pan or a heave based skillet until just starting to smoke, no need to add oil.
3. Add the chicken onto the hot pan and don’t move it.
4. Turn the heat down to medium / hot.
5. Let it grill undisturbed on this side for 3-4 minutes. With a pair of tongs gently lift a chicken slice, if it lets go of the pan without sticking it’s ready to flip, if not leave it on for a little whole longer.
6. Flip the chicken and grill for another 2-3 minutes on the other side (as a rule of thumb, you generally cook the chicken through 2/3 of the way on the first side and less on the 2nd side).
7. Remove the chicken from the pand and wrap in aluminium foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Serve with a squeeze of lime juice, sesame seeds, spring onions and the resting juices poured over the top.