The pesto I made a few days ago really came in handy for this little lunch sandwich. I finished it off with a drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pine nuts. Nothing else needed!
Grilled Mozzarella, Pesto and Cherry Tomato Sandwich.
- 4 Slices whole-wheat or sour dough bread
- 1 mozzarella ball, 125g - 150g
- 3 tbsp pesto, store bought or homemade
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Handful toasted pine-nuts
- Drizzle of balsamic cream
Preheat the oven to 200°C
Slice the mozzarella into just under 1 cm slices, and divide over the 4 slices of bread.
Divide the tomatoes and the pesto over the mozzarella and place in on a baking sheet in the oven.
Bake for ± 8 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
I always like to turn on the grill for the last minute or so so the cheese turns a little brown.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with the balsamic cream and the pine-nuts (be careful though, the cheese and tomato will be very hot!)