This is a recipe from the mother of my colleague Sandeep. It’s got it all: sweet, savoury, spicy, fresh and full of flavour. It goes amazing with pretty much any dish: curries, stir fries, salads, sandwiches, go crazy!
Koriander & Mint Chutney
- 1 bunch of mint leaves, ± 1 cup of just the leaves
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves & Stems, ± 1 cup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime to start, more if needed after tasting
- 1 tsp salt, more if needed after tasting
- 2 tsp sugar, more if needed after tasting
- 5-10 chopped green chillies (amount depending on how hot you like it)
- A little cold water to loosen it up, 1 tbsp at a time
- 1-2 tbsp roasted chickpeas (chana) or almond flour
- 1/2 - 1 tsp white vinegar (optional, see notes)
Add all the ingredients into a food processor and mix it down to a pesto-like consistency.
The Chana or almond flour is to make sure the water doesn't separate from the chutney over time.
It will keep in the fridge for at least a week.
After tasting I found it needed just a drop more sourness, but I didn't have any lime juice left. But easily fixed by adding a drop of vinegar!