In the mood for a healthy, tasty and super quick salad? Then look no further! No cooking required, just some chopping, mixing and shaking and it’s ready.
To make the salad, mix everything well, and done! Also delicious with a soft boiled egg. This salad is great as a meal by itself or serve it with some homemade Turkish Börek. Here is the recipe.
Lentil & Beet Salad with Lemon, Honey & Mustard Dressing
- Ingredients salad:
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 beets (precooked), halved and sliced
- 1/2 pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 small tomatoes, chopped (± 1 cup)
- 1/3 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- Small bunch mint, finely chopped
- Small bunch dill, finely chopped
- ± 50g pecan, pine or walnuts for crunch
- For saltiness (a few options):
- 100 g smokey bacon, cubed fried (optional)
- Or 100 feta cheese, cubed
- Or grilled halloumi
- Or Olives
- Or Smoke mackerel or salmon
- Zest & Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Pepper & Salt
- 1-2 tsp cold water
Mix all the salad ingredients, then make the dressing and mix it through well.
Add everything in a small jar and shake well until all is mixed.
Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.