These pickles veggies are super quick and easy to make and a great side or condiment for sandwiches or cheese & sausage platters.
- 8-10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3-4 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup vinegar (I had red wine in the cupboard, but white would be nicer to keep the colours fresh)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard seeds and a few peppercorns (optional)
- *Amounts mentioned above are only an indication, it depends on how many veggies you use and how big the jars are.
You can either keep the ingredients separate like I did or mix them all in 1 jar, up to you!
Add the veggies in a jar and start adding the pickle ingredients.
If you'd like to eat them straight away wait at least 15 minutes, but even better the next day.
These pickled veggies will keep for 3 weeks in the fridge (probably longer, but mine never last that long 😉