A simple salad with a simple dressing but with a kick! Vinaigrettes are awesome, only a few staple ingredients needed, made in a jiffy and full of flavour to lift up any simple lettuce leave into something tasty.
I have 2 main tips to make a great vinaigrette:
- Make it in a sealable jar so you can shake all the ingredients well, this way the dressing will emulsify into a luscious liquid.
- Keep tasting along the way so you can adjust to your liking.
Vodka Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Finely chopped small shallot
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar (or another light coloured vinegar)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp vodka
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- Pepper and salt
- Of all ingredients: more to taste!
- To serve
- Lettuce of choice, I like baby gems
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
Add the dressing ingredients to a small jar (a mixing bowl with whisk will work well)
Seal the jar and shake well, taste and adjust with any of the ingredients to your liking.
Separate the lettuce leave from the stem but leave them whole.
Add the to a large bowl together with some finely chopped parsley and the dressing.
Toss to coat well and serve straight away.